9am - 5.30pm
25 Days Holiday
Home based 4 days a week 1 day in the office based in Wakefield centre
9am – 5.30pm
25 days holiday
Are you a natural communicator and enjoy account management but not keen on the hard sale or financial targets?
My client, a successful not for profit organisation is seeking to recruit a X to join their expanding team.
As part of the Engagement and Membership team you will provide support to senior staff in the provision of the range of services this organisation offer to their customer base, local authorities and public sector customers.You’ll take a lead role in supporting Membership activities and events and promote the group and it’s products, identify opportunities for additional sales to their existing customer base, you’ll also have the opportunity to attend some events.
- Work with the Engagement Manager to implement the company strategy designed to maximise membership numbers and ensure members are engaged in the variety of services offered
- Develop and maintain relationship with external clients to ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify opportunities to cross sell other areas of the business through calling and emailing your customers (no cold calling)
- Keep members contact records updated on the CRM database and ensure accurate information about all membership activity is logged and reported.
- Ensure the CRM system works effectively for the purposes of membership and testing relevant changes to the system.
- Produce regular management information for membership reporting as requested.
- Oversee marketing campaigns which encourages new members to join which ensures existing members stay members for the whole lifecycle.
- Work with the Engagement Manager and other team members on membership renewal processes and be responsible for chasing and alerting the team about members who are considering withdrawing from membership.
- Ensure website information about membership is up to date and accurate and that it promotes the benefit of membership effectively.
- Work with other team members to promote networking and regional events as a benefit of membership.
- Support the Engagement Manager in implementing the lapsed members’ process.
- Support communications to members by reviewing and checking email bulletins and other letters/mail-outs.
- Support the financial strategy for membership to ensure the membership offer is value for money.
- Contribute to other team activity and other duties related to the post which meet the needs of the business, including attendance at their events and membership drives.
- Ability to assess and interpret member needs and the confidence and knowledge to discuss options and approaches in order to secure the most effective solution
- Liaison with internal colleagues to ensure the provision of an integrated service.
- Carrying out business development activity – from networking, attending meetings and conferences and events.
- Carrying out project work, attending conferences and briefing sessions and other activity related to the delivery and development of the Group’s services as required
- Proactively generate reports and analyse information; for example, feedback questionnaires.Undertake other research and surveys as required. Use the evidence generated to help recommend new approaches and services
- Development of marketing and communication materials
- Proven ability in the use of technology, including CRM systems, Word, Excel and databases.
- Experience of providing quality services to internal and external customers.
- Experience of team working.
- Results orientated, with a track record of delivering on time, together with the ability to drive and complete tasks to challenging deadlines and required quality standards.
- Experience of promoting services and products on the telephone, in person, representing the company at conferences and other events.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written skills with the ability to produce high quality, persuasive communications
- Excellent customer care skills with the confidence and ability to talk to senior figures and persuade them the benefits of membership.
- Commercial skills, with the ability to develop and sell membership packages which are attractive but which meet membership income targets.
- Excellent IT skills on all major IT packages with specialist knowledge of CRM systems, database management and website skills.
- Excellent administrative skills, highly organised, with attention to detail and accuracy and with a 'can do attitude' to work.
- Drive and ambition to meet challenging membership targets and to suggest and implement changes to ensure success.
- Ability to work individually and independently, and as a member of a small team.
- Ability to manage complex and varied range of tasks to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise work and to meet deadlines to tight timescales.
- Excellent organisational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to establish, maintain and manage office systems and procedures.
- A professional manner and attitude, with the ability to remain calm under pressure, and adaptable to change.
- Able to travel and attend events and other off-site functions as required.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Bagnall Hopkins Recruitment who is operating as an employment agency/business. Your application will be sent to one of our consultants for review, at which stage we will be in touch to discuss your details further. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours your application has not been successful.
We will not submit your CV until you have been briefed on the position and we have your consent to do so.
Both Bagnall Hopkins and our clients promote a policy of equal opportunities.